Ready for Q2? A handy-dandy checklist, courtesy of the Don Ryan Center for Innovation in Bluffton.
- When was your last email blast – are they scheduled, are there calls to action in them?
- Track stats of your emails – open rate, click rate, etc.
- Are you using LinkedIn as the business tool it is?
- Are you tagging products or services on FB and IG?
- Reply to everyone
- Check your mentions
- Schedule your updates
- Review your stats
- Research upcoming news and events that can be used to promote your business
- Curate content to share
- Review your P&L statement
- Review you balance sheet
- Make sure your accounts are reconciled every month
- Check in with your accountant
- Expenses and bills: Pay quickly to ensure goodwill
- Invoices: Make sure you have billed for the work you have already done
- Chase all late payers
- Payroll: Ensure all staff records are up to date
- Taxes: File your returns and pay on time, every time.
- Cash flow: Cash is king, a strong profit and loss statement does not necessarily ensure a strong cash position. Can you predict your cash position in the future to know if and when you may need more cash?
- Look at your sales funnel. Where is everyone in the pipe line?
- How much of your business is repeat versus new? Don’t let the ratio get too one-sided
- Keep on top of industry news, and make sure customers and prospects know you keep up with your industry
- Are there other sales channels you should be considering?
- How are you forecasting sales?
- When was the last time you went to a networking meeting?
- Do you use CRM? Make sure your customers remember you
- Encourage members’ personal development
- Create psychological safety
- Encourage teamwork and collaboration among employees
- Recognize and reward your team members for their hard work
- Provide employees with tools and resources for success
- Encourage creativity
- Schedule regular one-on-one meetings
This is, by no means, complete but it’s a great start!
- Look at your website analytics
- What is your bounce rate?
- How do people find you?
- How long do they stay?
- What do they look at?
- Are there any broken links?
- How hard is it to find your site when you do a search engine search?
The Don Ryan Center for Innovation is helping to grow businesses and the economy in the Bluffton region. Founded in 2012, the center is a nonprofit dedicated to helping entrepreneurs succeed and innovative companies grow. It provides innovators with the space, resources, experienced guidance, and contacts needed to successfully launch and grow their businesses. donryancenter.com